The Basic School is a general, yet technical, overview of On-Site Power. Perfect for staff new to the power generation industry or someone who needs an introduction to the basic concepts and technologies, this school is appropriate for students seeking a foundation in generator technology. Whether you are in project management, sales, marketing or administration, you will find great value in this course!
- Introduction to On-Site Power Systems
- Basic Electricity
- Prime Movers
- Introduction to generators/alternators
- Introduction to automatic voltage regulators
- Introduction to governors/speed & load controls
- Starting systems
- Introduction to transfer switches
- Generator set systems: putting the pieces together
- Understanding bid and specification documents
For more information, please visit the Schools page of the EGSA website to download the 2017 Schools brochure.